Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Wunderbar Caramel Cake - What's for dinner Wednesday

Hello again! If you have incredible metabolism and are able to eat cake for dinner... go right ahead... (and ps. I hate you). But if you're like me, and sweets go straight to your you-know-what... then just have some for dessert... and try to resist the urge to eat the whole pan! ...and the urge to eat some for breakfast...

I saw this Butterfinger Caramel Cake recipe on Pinterest, originally found here.

There's already a piece missing!
Now, I followed their original recipe to a T, except for some reason... I couldn't find any Butterfingers! Ay carumba! What's Bart Simpson supposed to do without a Butterfinger? ...I just stared at the candy aisle for awhile before I decided the closest thing to Butterfinger would be... Wunderbar.
I figured, this cake is going to be delicious regardless. It's dripping with caramel, cool whip and a candy bar of my choice. And I choose ...WUNDERBAR! If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting a Wunderbar, it's a delicious chocolater covered peanut butter and caramel experience. Enough said.

If you're going to replicate this recipe, I recommend remembering to put your Cool Whip into the fridge instead of the freezer to make it easier to spread all over the cakes. Other than that - just poke a TON of holes in the baked cake for that caramel, baby!

I hope you get a chance to try this out soon - everyone loved it - they kept asking how it was so moist... and I had to break the news that the cake was soaked with caramel... thus making it not entirely fat-free. Hehe.
Happy eating :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this recipe - I use Heath Bars (be sure to note that does not say heaLth bars.)
    Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I didn't know what a Heath bar was... and now my eyes have been opened! Is it a close relative of a Skor bar?

      Delete

I always appreciate any comments or suggestions, so please... comment below!

 

© 2007-2012 Brooklyn Limestone. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Layout By Gallery No. Eight